Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Kid Party.....and the Super Bowl

We were elected (told) to host a kid-friendly Super Bowl Party.  It has turned into an adult-friendly Kid Party.  Here's a list of activities....on the off chance someone is searching for a blog with ideas for kid parties.....or if my friend, Kristi, needs ideas....I'm sure she's the only reader.


The kiddos will be making their own pizza's.  I'll be making Pioneer Woman's pizza crust and forming them into small personal sized crusts.  Then I'll have the usual suspects laid out for the kids to create their masterpieces.  Yummy! 


They (the kids...this isn't about the adults) are also going to make some predictions for questions like this...
    Which team will win the coin toss? 
    Which team will score first?
    ... and so on....
I have a prize basket set up for the winners. Everyone will have a turn at the prize basket.  No one's going home unhappy.


Ok....if you're looking for menu ideas....we're having yummy comfort food.  Chips and salsa, mexican layered dip, artichoke dip, sloppy joes, veggies and dip, and something great for dessert. I haven't decided yet, but I'm sure it will turn out great! 


Here's an idea, use a table in your living room to set out the dips and things.  Everyone will want to be in front of the TV this weekend, so make it easy on them.  Do as much prep as you can the day or so before.   If you're like me, you'll be cleaning up at the last minute and won't want the extra mess.  And delegate people to bring things you know you'll need...tortilla chips, drinks, etc.  Make it as easy on yourself as possible. 


And have fun.  Even if you have 10 kids under the age of 6 at your house, keep it fun and relaxed.  Messes can be cleaned up.  No biggie. 


Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe there are any kiddos coming to my party but we are playing the same game that you have planned so I guess my party is kiddo friendly too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!