Friday, March 4, 2011

Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls, Love and Forgiveness

We have some new neighbors that just moved in. And some up the hill that moved in this winter and we are just now getting around to meeting them.  I wanted to bring them something yummy and homemade. 


 
Last week I made these.  They are the best cinnamon rolls I've ever had.  No kidding.  If you aren't familiar with Pioneer Woman, get familiar.  Her recipes are wonderful, easy, and use common ingredients you either have on hand or can easily get at your grocery store. 


The recipe makes 7 tins of rolls.  That sounds like a lot, but the make such great gifts that you'd find no trouble giving them away or maybe keeping some in the freezer for company.  I had all 7 tins on the counter cooling when I picked my 5-year-old daughter, Kayla,  up from school.  While I was putting my 2-year-old son, Noah, down for a nap, I guess Kayla decided she wanted to try some. 


This is the condition in which I found 4 of the tins. 
That bottom roll DID NOT look like that when I left the kitchen.  For reasons unknown to me, she decided to sample four of the tins leaving holes in one of the rolls in each. Three on the day I made them and then one a later while it was waiting on the counter for our neighbors to get home. 

 After voicing my frustration, I tried to look upon the situation with humor.  She knew she'd done something that disappointed me.  She didn't need me to be upset with her for the rest of the day.  she needed me to forgive.  She said she was sorry

Thinking about this story, I'm reminded of not only how much our kids need our forgiveness, but how much they need ours.  It is so easy to lose our temper with our children, especially when the situation effects something that has taken us a long time to prepare, but usually you can correct the situation and forgive them when they say they're sorry, then move on.  Ask the Lord to help you put aside your feelings of frustration and replace them with His forgiveness and love so it shines through to your children.

If we strive to be more like the wife of noble character described in Proverbs 31, we will soon see our houses transformed into loving, welcoming homes where our families enjoy time together and feel loved; even when mistakes are made

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.  She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue." Proverbs 31: 25-26

Keep Him first in you mind and heart and you'll see a happier family and home.

God bless you and your families,

Jessica

   
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Guess who just figured out how to post!! :)

    Oh Kayla...I would have done some sampling myself. Awesome pics Jess!! I love the direction you chose to go.

    Your Woman Warrior,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!