Thursday, June 23, 2011

Play: Inspiration Thursday


Hey there girls,

It's Thursday, and you know what that means!  Inspiration Thursday over at Gussy Sews. It is so fun to see what everyone posts based on the prompt.  There are some great ideas and blogging ladies out there!

The theme fits in with my summer perfectly.  Play.  My goal for this summer is to really focus on family time and all the blessings in our ordinary day.  There are so many ways to have fun that don't have to cost you a thing!  (Maybe an extra few minutes cleaning up, but it's worth it.)

I can't start a post about playing without showing you the new color in the playroom. Because our kids are young, because I spend most of my time in the kitchen, because I want to see my kids when they are playing without me, we set up the dining room as a playroom.  It works great!  I didn't like the color it was painted when we moved in. So after many samples for this room and others (more on that as it gets done), my man finished painting the playroom!  It looks great!  Thanks honey!  Now to decorate...                                         
                                           



Have some fun treats on hand.  We're pretty careful about what the kids eat most of the time. Don't get me wrong, we do have plenty of fun food, but it's not an every day thing.  I found these mini cones and they are perfect for a fun treat that you don't have to feel guilty about.  I just use my melon baller to scoop the ice cream.  
 Strawberry frozen yogurt tastes just as good as ice cream to the kids.


Head on over to your local fire station.  They'll stop and talk to you (as long as they aren't on their way out the door) and probably even give you a tour.  While visiting my parents, we walked down to the fire station and talked with the wonderful fire fighters there.  They were so great with the kids.  They showed them the truck, let them sit in it, and even backed the truck out and extended the ladder so they could see how high it could go.  This was the highlight of the trip. 
                                 
Get on the floor and play a little ever day. Our kids are so excited to just play with us.  I'm very much a type A personality and sometimes I'll notice it has been a while since I've really played with them.  I notice a difference in their behavior. They are much happier with some good ol' play time with us.


Play in the sandbox or have a water day.  It's great to have them together so you can wash off the sand!  We filled up a plastic pool we found at WalMart.  It sits on our back porch where there is great afternoon shade. 

Capture some of the ordinary parts of your day.  Some of the biggest blessings come in the smallest moments.

 Make an effort to slow down and notice the blessings in the ordinary moments and you will start to see them everywhere.  Make this a summer full of blessings...and give thanks for them!

Now, go on and make some fun today!




4 comments:

  1. great post. i'm all about slowing down and enjoying the fam! following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so precious and sweet!

    Came over from Gussy & now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! yes, indeed - the simplest joys often provide the most fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute little toes!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!