Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Inspiration Thursday: Pamper Yourself


Time for Inspiration Thursday over at Gussy Sews This week we're talking about pampering yourself.  When we have the chance to head up to Nashville to visit my family, we jump at the opportunity to go on a date.  It's even better if we have a chance to see Stone Silo.  My brother Mike and his girlfriend Robyn are a great duo!  If you're in the Nashville area, go check them out!

Usually I don't have time or an opportunity to go do something that would fall in the category of pampering.  Some of that is by choice.  I love being at home and I love being with my family.  Those are things I don't want to give up. BUT...I do need to do some things for myself. Let's face it.  It isn't all sunshine and roses, so little things help.  Getting a coffee from Starbucks is probably my favorite indulgence. Well, that and a run through Target or Hobby Lobby to look at all the fun things.  Skinny Macchiato with half the vanilla. Don't forget the whipped cream and caramel sauce on top!  Mmm.  It's a good thing our coffee shop doesn't have a drive-thru or I'd stop there much too often. 


 

Once in a while I'll take some time to sit at Barnes and Noble...with a coffee, of course...and just read or look at books.  What a great way to relax and even find some inspiration!  Speaking of inspiration, take a look at this magazine I found the other day. It's full of ideas and just beautiful!

Southern Lady Fresh Style 2011
As mamas we have to take care of ourselves so we can take care of our family!  They depend on us. Have you noticed what it's like after you're sick for a couple of days?  Our families need us to create that loving cozy feeling that we all want in our homes.  
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love to pamper myself with coffee and a run through Target as well--actually that is what my post was about! With a Starbucks manager for a husband, coffee isn't hard to come by! Love the magazine you posted about too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must check out the magazine. if i were close to nashville i'd check out your brother and his girl. I LOVE MUSIC! stopped by from gussy

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by! we used to live in nashville...love it and miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Rachel! What it must be like to be married to a Starbucks manager! I'm imagining so many surprise coffee treats when he came home!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!