Monday, August 8, 2011

Pottery Barn Idea

Hey there gals!  Happy Monday!  This weekend I made these Pottery Barn inspired wall hangings for the play room. 


I started with two of these unfinished frames from Hobby Lobby...

Painted two coats of chalkboard paint on them and roughed them up with sandpaper.  To make the 'art' I picked up a box of 100 colored pencils from Target.  I planned on picking out what I wanted and then giving the rest to the kids to add to their supplies.  I cut a piece of AMuse Studio paper (my FAVORITE craft paper) to fit in the frame and used this glue


I haven't decided what to write on the bottom part of the frame.  I'm still thinking.  I have a shelf with hooks that my husband rescued from the curb when some new neighbors moved in down the street that is next on my list.  When I hang that underneath, I'll take a picture of the whole area to share. 

Today was the first day of school.  Does anyone remember the commercial for an office supply store that takes place during a back-to-school sale and the mom is pushing a cart singing 'It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year'? I kind of felt like that all day. 
I LOVED having my kids with me all summer, but today was a great day!

How about you?  Have you completed anything that turned out cute?
More projects to come so keep checking back! 

Love,
Ms. Jess 

I'm linking up with Heather for Life Made Lovely Monday
Photobucket

and Jen over at CraftOManiac.


6 comments:

  1. This turned out really cute... you did great! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome!! Can't wait to see what it will look like with the hook hanger underneath. Also can't wait to see what you decide to write on the bottom of the frames. You always have such great ideas.

    Nashville connection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so creative! Would be cute in a kids room or playroom! Come check me out.

    www.alivedinhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project!!! Do you mind if I copy it??? :-) And yes, I do remember that commercial!!! :-) Funny.

    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Copy it! Totally copy it! I'd love to know it was useful to someone!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!