Friday, August 12, 2011

Most Beautiful Gift

I Love being a Mama!

I look at these flowers...weeds, really...but I see the most beautiful gift I have been given. Noah picked these for me. JUST for me. He came up to me with his sweet voice and said "I have sumpin' for you!" Just now I was hit with the idea that these flowers are like our offerings to God. Compared to what God has and can do, our offerings are simple weeds. Not to God. To Him, our Heavenly Father, they are a most precious gift from His most precious child. You.

What ever you are doing, do it for Him. If you are doing the dishes, or vacuuming, or cleaning up old milk on the floor and Play-Doh in the carpet; do it for Him.

Love,
Ms. Jess
friday favorite things | finding joy

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Ohh ... that is beautiful. A sweet gift to treasure forever. Amazing how the simple things in life bring the most delight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely. Really. It's such a good reminder to not judge what we think is beautiful and good. And to slow down and get down on our children's level and appreciate the goodness that they have within them.

    Many times throughout the summer I have dandelions in a teeny vase on my kitchen windowsill. I love them.

    Blessings to you. And thank you for linking up.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!