Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thanks

We love salsa.  What's even better than this homemade salsa?  Using your home grown tomatoes in the recipe! 



Salsa
adapted from this recipe (Gotta love Pioneer Woman!)
2 cans diced tomatoes (in the summer I use fresh and probably chop up between 6 or 8)
2 cans Rotel
1 small to medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, chopped (no seeds....unless you really want to add some heat)
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cumin
1 to 2 bunches cilantro, chopped (save some to add at end)
1 t lime juice
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and blend with an immersion blender (love that thing). Add some rough chopped cilantro and stir in.  Serve cold. 
Hey there friends!

Thought I'd share another favorite recipe of ours. I made a batch of this and shared some with our new neighbors. I just added a tag made with an A Muse Studio stamp I had and my favorite Copic markers. The neighbors were kind enough to give us a desk and a large horse for the kids to play with on.  The horse is so fun. I think it's what every wannabe farmhouse needs.  We'll probably never have a real horse, so this will have to do!


Have a blessed day! 

Linking up with Gussy for Inspiration Thursday!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I just canned salsa using veggies from my garden as well... what a fulfilling feeling isn't it!? I really enjoy a good fresh salsa as well, this recipe sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are planning on making our Salsa and Zucchini Relish this weekend! Maybe will switch things up and try your Salsa recipe!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stopping by from Gussy Sews!
    Shelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky! I would LOVE to make homemade salsa with tomatoes grown right in my own garden! How fun! Maybe someday, I am in an apartment right now, but one day I will have my garden! I came over from Inspiration Workshop!

    -erin
    www.gracefilledblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delish! A confession here: I secretly still want one of those horses, even though I'm nearly 31! Don't tell!

    Lol... ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Gussy Sews! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!