Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Good Read

Happy Friday!  It's late Thursday night and I'm just getting to this post and linking up over at Gussy Sews. The prompt this week is 'inspiring books'.  Growing up I wasn't much of a reader, but now I can't wait to crawl in bed with a good book!   It's pretty much a perfect night if I can stay awake to read a few chapters.

What's on my nightstand?  Well, I always have a few going for different reasons.  My nightstand (basket under my nightstand) always has books from the following categories...

1. Bible
Always in my basket, but not read nearly as often as it should be.
2. Bible study or devotional
Ordinary Mom, Extraordinary God: Encouragement to Refresh Your Soul (Hearts at Home Book)

3. Some sort of Biblical parenting book.
Creative Correction
4. And a great 'fluff' book. 
A Turn in the Road

I really liked this Debbie Macomber book.  It's part of the Blossom Street series which I've really enjoyed.  There are some of her other books that I have a hard time getting into, but this one, and others in the series, were great. 

Then there's always the secondary pile consisting of books I'm going to read and books I maybe started but for one reason or another, I started another book, but fully intend to come back to it because I enjoyed what I read so far.  :)  This is why I need a whole basket for 'current' books. 

Authors I really enjoy...
Dan Walsh
Homecoming, The: A Novel
Great book!  Takes place during WWII. 

Lauraine Snelling
An Untamed Land (Red River of the North #1)
Love these books because they take place in ND.  That's why I first picked it up.  The main character is so strong and has such a strong faith that you can't help but want to be like her. 

Sweet Caroline (A Lowcountry Romance)
There are three in this series and I read them totally out of order, but it didn't matter.  They are all great, especially this one. It's the first in the series.

I could go on and on about good books I've read and want to read, but it's getting late....and I'm ready to go read a book! 


Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!