Friday, July 27, 2012

Counter Clutter

Good morning!  It's Friday!  The kids slept in a bit...but just a bit and I have my cup of coffee next to me. It's a quiet morning so far.  Love it!
Last night I snapped a couple of pictures of something that's working great in my kitchen.  I really don't like looking at a bunch of clutter anywhere really, but especially on the counter. It seems like an endless battle.  A counter needs to hold so many things so when you can declutter and hide some things, it really helps out and can feel cleaner.  Enter my bread box.
 I picked this up a while back at Target. Who doesn't love Target!  I originally got it to house our land line phone, base, cell chargers, my man's keys and all that other little stuff that lands here.  We no longer have the land line so I got rid of the phone and had the chance to reorganize. 
The iPhone boxes are so sturdy and one side has built in dividers. I was hanging on to these because I knew I could use them somewhere!  Here it is.  I lined the bottom with shelf liner so things don't slide around. The plug for our phones is hidden under and behind the box.  The boxes hold our sunscreen, keys and badge, chap stick, ear buds, an extra key...all the things that end up on the counter. 
I'm thinking of covering the boxes with cute paper but during the summer there's a little less free time for me.  I'll put it on my list!
What about you? Any little organizational things that are working well for you? Do you battle counter clutter like I do?
When it works out, I link up at Adorned From Above, Frugalicious Friday, Friday Favorite Things, Serenity Now and Free for All.

6 comments:

  1. What a creative way to hide clutter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I love this. Thanks for sharing. I have a link party, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/face-cleansing-oil-and-wednesdays.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever! I am always looking for ways to hide clutter but keep things I might need accessible! Visiting from Friday Favorite Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. This is such a great idea.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!