Monday, July 23, 2012

Hello Monday

Hello Monday. Today I'm going to be a Mary. Not so much a Martha. I'm very much a Martha.  In Luke 10:38 Jesus visits their house. Mary sits at his feet while Martha keeps working and complains to Jesus that Mary isn't helping. Jesus tells her that her sister has chosen what is right and it won't be taken away from her.

There is work to be done and projects to be completed but they will be there later.  My kids are here with me now. They are going to make memories of today... with or without me. They will either remember me working or they will remember me spending time with them. Sitting on the floor playing cars and Barbies.  Looking them in the eye and listening to them. Just being with them.

Today I'm going to be a Mary.  I'm going to sit at the feet of Jesus and be still. I'm going to be content. Filled with His peace. I'm going to let him show me the blessings He gives me that I so easily pass by.


Hello Monday.  Today is going to be a great day!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
lowercase letters

 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Jessica for this reminder this Monday morning. I've been to the gym, eaten breakfast, updated my blog, visited a few new friends on their blogs like you, but haven't spent any time with my Father. So, I needed this nudge and reminder of what is truly important. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just visiting at Sunny Simple Life blog and saw your comment, I thought I would come say hi!! I'm your newest follower, very wise message on your post today, thank you as well for the reminder,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you chose to start the day! What a wonderful way to start off a new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i find that mary days are usually the best ones! : )

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!