Monday, August 20, 2012

Document the First Day of School

Today is the first day of school for our oldest!  Yay!  We had a great summer and especially this past week, things went pretty smoothly.  BUT it was time. Routine is great and I'm excited to have a little bit of time built into my week for working on projects and doing some planning.  My little guy will start back next week and then I'm starting on some projects I've wanted to get done over the summer. 

Here's what I did this morning for documenting this fun day:
There are so many cute printables out there for this type of picture, but you know what?  I crazy and would want the coordinating pictures up until 12th grade.  I was about to print a cute set, but I started to wonder if I would actually make it to 12th grade and still have the right piece of paper...not likely with me.  A chalkboard I can do.  No extra storage, no need to worry about styles changing. Easy. Simple.

**Update:  The chalkboard is something I have hanging on the end of my cabinets in the kitchen for the kids to play on while I cook.  It is just an old Christmas wall hanging from Hobby Lobby that I haven't used for a few years.  All I did was paint over the painting with chalkboard paint and paint the frame. This project cost $0 since everything was found around the house. Can't get much better than that!
Now onto some projects! 
#1 Girly Room Redo
#2 Laundry Room Redo
#3 Camping Boys Room Redo
Check back later this week for the Girly Room Redo!
 
Linked up to:

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! Easy, simple, but yet still looks great! Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday!! I can't wait to see what other projects you will be working on!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!