Monday, August 13, 2012

Pinned It and Did It: Super Giant Bubbles

Happy Monday everyone!  First let me say I'm so excited that our weather cooled off a bit and the humidity is down. I'm sitting here with my cup of coffee Dunkin' Donuts Cinnamon Spice next to the open windows. I'll have to close them soon, but for now the fresh air smells so nice!

Last week we made bubbles. Not ordinary bubbles. SUPER GIANT BUBBLES. They worked out so well that we made a gift pack for a birthday party. What kid wouldn't like to make these!
Note to self: Make sure your finger isn't in the way when you take a picture!

In a large bowl gently mix the following ingredients:
12 cups water
1 cup dish soap
1 cup cornstarch
2 tbsp baking powder
Let mixture sit one hour before using it.

While you're waiting, make the bubble wands. In the original post they went to the store and picked up dowel rods and some other things. Some of our favorite activities are on a whim and not planned at all. I couldn't go to the store nor did I really want to spend money on this project. Yes, her wands will probably hold up longer but we wont use them every day so I went the free rout.

For the wands you'll need:
2 Sticks
a piece of long string (about 2 to 3 feet long) I used twine
a shorter string (about 1 foot long)
1 washer

First put a washer on the long string. This helps tie wet sting hang right when you dip it. Next, I tied the short and long strings together, then tied them to the sticks.  You want the strings to make a D shape.  The string length doens't need to be exact at all.  I didn't measure. The point is that one needs to be short and one needs to be long.  To keep the string from slipping off the sticks you could use some hot glue to keep it on the sticks. 
After your one hour is up, dip the string and make some magical bubbles!   

I pinned the idea from designdazzle.blogspot.com

On Monday's I ususally link to:
lowercase letters
Bits of Splendor
Life Made Lovely


3 comments:

  1. Visiting from Lowercase Letters...looks like so much fun!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing this today! Thanks!!!
    Stopping by from bits of splendor

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids will love it! Thanks! Please visit and follow my blog.
    http://bountifultreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!