Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pinspiration: Dry Erase Calendar

I pinned this calendar idea (the blog link on the pin wasn't working)  a while back and after completely forgetting about picture day...I decided it was time to get this project done. Now it hangs on the fridge where I can see it. Many times a day.


This only took about an hour or do to do! First I went to Lowes to get paint chips. I used the ones that have three shades on them. I pulled out 7 of the one I liked and then 7 of the next shade lighter.
Next I ran across the street to Wally World and picked up a 16 x 20 poster frame and a roll of wedding wrapping paper. (lay the frame on the floor and place your chips how you'd like them invade you need a larger frame)

When you're ready trim all words off the paint chips. Cover the cardboard backing for the frame with the wrapping paper. Attach the paint chops. I used my double sided tape roller for everything.

Place it in the frame and attach magnetic strips all around and there you have it! I love to use the Crayola Window Markers with it.

Don't you just love all the great ideas popping up with paint chips?

Linking up at:

5 comments:

  1. wow, that is so clever, thanks for sharing that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was one of those super fast projects that turned out cute! They don't always end up cute!

      Delete
  2. This is super cute! Paint chips are like ombre and who doesn't love ombre?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Ombré is everywhere right now, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. This is so cute!! Love the idea. I'm really getting into the ombre look lately. Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!