Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sour Cream Banana Bread Recipe

The other day I made my Grandma Vi's Sour Cream Banana Bread.  Most people have a favorite banana bread recipe. This is ours. It is our go to recipe!  It's great for gifts, snacking, company....and it's quick to whip together.  It makes two loaves and it's a good thing. The first loaf will be gone before it even has time to cool off.  It doesn't get any better than a slice of warm banana bread with a little butter.


 
Sour Cream Banana Bread
Cream together 1/2 c butter, softened and 1 1/2 c sugar. 

Add in order:
2 eggs
 3 ripe mashed bananas
splash of lemon juice
1/2 c sour cream
1 Tbsp baking soda
 2 c flour
1tsp vanilla
 3/4 c chopped pecans

Mix together until incorporated. Pour into 2 buttered loaf pans. Bake at 350  for 40-50 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.    
 
When the bread was cooled, I packaged it up to give to our new neighbors. I wrapped the disposable pan in plastic wrap and wrapped some twine around it. The card attached has our names, phone numbers and email addresses so they can get in touch with us....and remember our names. I'm bad with names so I think this may be a helpful thing!

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the little job charts. To cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this is late, but better late then never. Thanks so much for sharing with last weeks with Wednesday's Adorned From Above. this recipe looks delicious. The link party is open now for this week.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable idea! And, yes, the photos are awesome, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so good! I actually made them a few weeks ago, and went to make them again today, only to realize that I hadn't saved this page.... I went through about 25 recipes looking for yours and was thrilled when I found it! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!