Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wet Wednesday, Thinking Thursday, and a Recipe

Happy almost Thursday!  I'm so late getting to this post that I'm just going to combine Wed and Thurs and throw in a recipe while I'm at it. 

This week I have been sharing our daily themes for the summer.  Wednesday is Wet Wednesday. I'm sure you don't need me to elaborate much but we do something wet. Go to the pool, water balloons, water guns, sprinkler....anything wet.




Thursday is Thinking Thursday.  We try and come up with a problem and solution.  One week we made a big fort and had to think about how to support it. We have also set up a store a few times. The kids take turns 'selling' each other things.  In this picture, Noah is thinking about how much the bottle of lotion costs.  We have even set up a lemonade stand. We made a sign and the kids took care of the money...while I was nearby of course. 

If you follow me on Instagram (prairiegirltosouthernbelle) or Facebook (follow button here), maybe you saw that I made my Grandma's bars this weekend.
My brother and my almost-sister-in-law were here for the weekend.  He asked me to make these and I'm so glad he did.  We were joking that with ever bite, we were transported back to our childhood.  It was kind of true.  Grandma made these bars every time she came to visit us.  They never lasted long and certainly didn't last long this go-round either. Kayla asked me to make these to send in her lunch once school starts.  I'll have to remember that for a surprise!  Because I love ya, here's the recipe.

Mrs. Tucker's Toffee Nut Bars
Cream together 1 C shortening and 1 C brown sugar.  Beat in 1 beaten egg and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir in 2 C sifted flour and 1/2 tsp salt. Spread dough in 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until set and light brown. Mine took at least 20, but keep an eye on it. Remove from oven and cover with milk chocolate chips. Spread as they melt and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Let cool. Cut and serve. Try to eat just one.

Hope your week is going well!  See you on Friday with a Fun Friday example! 

Linking up at:



2 comments:

  1. These look so good!! And I love your cute little blog and family. I am officially your newest follower. Can't wait to see more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this delicious prairie nut bar recipe last week with Wednesday's Adorned From Above. The link party is open now for this week.
    Just follow this link.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/apple-cinnamon-roll-pull-aparts-and.html
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!