Monday, September 17, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: A Short Version

Hey all! 
 
Here's what's cookin' at our house.  It's a short week for us which is why our menu looks a little slim.  Hope you at least get an idea from it! 
 
Breakfasts:
Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
Cereal
Waffles
-all with fruit and milk or water
 
Lunches:
Meat and Cheese Rollups
Tuna and Crackers
Taco salad
-both with carrots and celery sticks with ranch, fruit and a little something sweet
 
  • 3 clove  Garlic
  • Salt To Taste
  • 1/4 cup Italian Flat-leaf Parsley
  • 2  to 3Tbsp Fresh Chives
  • 1/2 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
  • 1 1/2 cup Sour Cream
  • Buttermilk- add if you want to thin it out to a dressing.  Omit if you want a dip.
  • Splash of White Vinegar (optional, To Taste)
  • 2 Tbsp Lea and Perrins 
  • 1 to 2 Tbsp fresh Dill 
  • Chop and mix all ingredients together.  Chill and enjoy! 
    Dinners:
    Chicken Noodle Soup- This is a new recipe from a book I'm reading: Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure.  If it is a hit, I'll share more.  So far I am loving the book! 
    Taco Night- I think this was on the list last week, but we didn't end up making it.
     
    Here's what Taco night basically looks like. Add silverware, milks or water and either taco shells or tortilla chips to each place and you've got it!  I love this dinner because everyone makes exactly the taco they want.  (excpet olives this time. I forgot the olives) I put out tomatoes from our garden, a chopped avacado, lettuce, sour cream, seasoned black beans, refried beans, shredded cheese, red onion, fresh cilantro, taco meat and salsa if I have a batch in the fridge.  If not, it tastes just as great with out it. I always make mine a salad an crumble a few tortilla chips in it.  Yum! 
     

    That's about it for us this week! 
     
    Linking up at

    1 comment:

    1. Thanks for linking up at my Menu Plan linky! Hope to see you again tomorrow!

      ReplyDelete

    It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!