Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gettin' It Together: Organizing My Time

October is over half over and I'm feeling better about getting organized for the holidays.  There are many things on my list that I haven't crossed off yet, but I'm ok with that.  Life is still going on here and I can still say that I'm making progress toward a calm Christmas season. 

Since coming up with my cleaning schedule, I've been thinking about my time and how I use it.  I get off task easily, especially if I don't have a goal or plan for my time.  So, I started looking at planners and printables. What I found didn't work.  There were either too many components I wouldn't use or not enough space to write everything down. 
 
Did I mention that in my previous life I was a teacher?  Well, what I kept coming back to was a lesson plan book. I found a printable and editable lesson plan document at Luckeyfrog's Lily Pad. If I was teaching, this is exactly what I would use.  I like that I can punch it and throw it right in my binder.  I'm loving this binder idea!  How great is it to have everything right in one place! This will definitely help me stay organized during the holiday season and well beyond!
 
 
Right now I fill it in the old-fashioned way...with a pencil.  Each day is different so each day the schedule looks a bit different.  I don't follow my schedule to the minute, but in my head it works great to think of the day in chunks of time, each of which has a task. Play time, cleaning, dinner prep, blog/internet time, etc.  I've been following my 'schedule' for close to a week now and so far so good.  That doesn't mean that at the end of the day I followed it all and completed each task.  You have to give yourself some wiggle room!
 
How about you guys?!  Do you need to schedule your time at all or are you great at keeping it all straight in your head?  Any tips or ideas?
 

4 comments:

  1. So glad you could use the plan! I hadn't even thought of using it outside the school setting... makes me wonder if I could be even more productive planning the rest of my day this way! Thank you for the shoutout! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I so often love using paper and pencil to plan as well. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks , Maria! Glad you stopped by!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!