Friday, October 26, 2012

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

 
 
 Some of the pie pumpkins I had around the house were getting tired.  I had to either cook them up or toss them out.  So, I roasted the pumpkin for puree to stick in the freezer and roasted up the seeds for a fun snack.   I even saved some of the seeds to plant for next year.  We have not had luck growing pumpkins, but we'll try again!
 
Have you carved your pumpkin yet?  We are doing that this weekend. Probably with 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown' on in the background.   Well, if you are looking for something to do with all those seeds, here is the recipe!  Bake up a batch!


Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
 
Seeds from 2 pumpkins, rinsed
2 tsp melted butter
salt and pepper to taste
4 or so dashes of Lea and Perrins
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
 
Spread on cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake at 300 degrees, stirring occasionally, for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown.
 
****************************************
Here's a picture of the sunset the other night.  My kids noticed it and thought it was the most beautiful thing they had seen.  It was.  I just love when they point things like this out to me, causing me to pause and be grateful. 
 
 
 
 ****************************************
On another note...I am working on the kiddos closets this weekend.  We have some great neighbors who gave us some shelving that they were going to toss out.  I picked up some bins from Target and we plan to figure out what to do with the shelving this weekend.  I'll keep you posted!  It amazes me what one 7-year-old can do to her closet without even trying. Geesh. 
Before
  


Still Before

There are great ideas in my head for this closet. And her brother's. It's just trying to get them all to work together that is the tricky part.  Stay tuned!

What about all of you?  What are you working on this weekend?  Any cooking or projects going on? 

Linking up to:
Ladies Holiday
Tatertots and Jello
52 Mantels
Life Rearranged


2 comments:

  1. You did it again! I made roasted pumpkin seeds this week too, but only did some salt and butter. Yours look so much more tasty. I cannot wait to try this recipe. My husband will love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Really all you need us the butter and lea and perrins. Maybe salt. Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!