Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sour Cream Pumpkin Bread

Yesterday I came up with this recipe based on my Sour Cream Banana Bread.  This is what I came up with. 
 
Ingredients
 
3 cups sugar
1/2 cup regular, salted butter, softened (1 stick)
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1-15oz can pumpkin
2/3 cup sour cream
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs cinnamon
1 Tbs nutmeg
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
 
Directions
 
Cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggs, vanilla, pumpkin and sour cream. Mix well.  Add flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Add chocolate chips if using.
 
Pour into 2 loaf pans that have been buttered. Bake for 70 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  (check it at 60 minutes, but it took me 70 minutes)
 
Make it! Enjoy it! Give a loaf to a neighbor! Or stick it in the freezer and keep it for a day you need it!
 
Linking up at
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. This looks like such a great recipe!! I'll have to pin it so I can try it. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime. Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy and I am in need of a good pumpkin bread recipe! Thank you for stopping by and linking up at our Stop, Look, and Link party this week! Hope to see you next week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you like it too! And thanks for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!