Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Spiced Party Pecans Recipe


Spiced Party Pecans
Ingredients 
1/2 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 egg white
1 lb pecan halves or chopped pecans
 
Directions
In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and salt- set aside.
In larger bowl, beat egg white and stir in pecans until coated.  Pour dry mixture over nuts and stir until coated. Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20 min. at 300. 
 
I bake line my pan with foil.  You could spray it as well, but it peels off easily. Just break them apart.
 
These are yummy on their own and are often out for guests at our house during Christmas, but this time I used chopped pecans and added them to my salad. 
 
Apple Pear Salad
Add all ingredients to taste.
chopped apple
chopped pear
lettuce and/or baby spinach
bleu cheese crumbles
Spiced Party Pecans
Craisins
 
I didn't add any dressing because there are so many flavors in this salad, but I will be trying this recipe as soon as I can.  Yum!
Robin Miller's Pomegranate Vinaigrette
 
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 
This week's menu:
 
Breakfasts
 Cereal
scrambled eggs with cheese
yogurt with fresh fruit and granola
Slow Cooker Irish Oatmeal
 
Lunches
Apple Pear Salad with Spiced Party Pecans
 meat and cheese rollups
sandwich with french bread
 
Dinners
 Pizza Braid based on this idea
 Lasagna
 Easy Garlic Chicken
Chicken Nachos with Seasoned Black Beans
 Jalapeno Popper Chicken
Leftovers
Date Night kids either eat nuggets or at babysitter's house. This week she fed them! 
 
Snacks
fruit
popcorn... old-fashioned way
Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt
cheese, crackers apples
other yummy things I haven't thought of yet

A lot of these are from my pinterest board. Anyone else pin anything yummy lateley?


No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!