Saturday, October 13, 2012

Stay Home Day and Dog Treats

Do you ever feel like you need a 'stay home day'?  I do.  things were a little crazy this week so we're taking it easy.
After soccer and a birthday party on Saturday, we relaxed. Not having somewhere to be or on the immediate to do list was so nice. 
 
While my guys napped and Kayla played in her room, I made treats for Moo.  Since they are so easy to make and use ingredients I have on hand anyway, I just can't buy treats from the store.
 
Dog Treats
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 cup skim milk
1/3 c butter
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
 
Directions
Mix dry ingredients in mixer. Add butter. Mix. Add egg, milk and peanut butter. Mix well. Roll out and either cut into pieces with pizza cutter or a little cookie cutter.  Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Cool and give 'em to your buddy! 
These are fun to give as a gift to your fellow dog people. Just be sure to tell them who they are for!
 
After waiting a couple of days for me to get around to making them, our little buddy was pretty happy. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love stay home days! We usually stay in our jammies and do baking too! Also, you dog is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the best days! Thanks, Moo is a great buddy for the kids!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!