Monday, October 15, 2012

The Best, Creamiest Mashed Potatoes You've Ever Tasted

Ok. Maybe that name is a little over the top.  But maybe not.  Try them and decide for yourself. 
 
I tweaked Pioneer Woman's Creamy Mashed Potatoes until they were just right for us.  I make them for Thanksgiving, Christmas, sometimes Easter, New Year's Day,  National Anthem Day, Grandparent's Day and Arbor Day.  This week I made them on meatloaf day.  Here's how I do it when I don't need to make 5 pounds of them.
Dark picture...we've had a lot of rainy days round these parts. 
 
Creamy Mashed Potatoes Just For Us
Ingredients
5 or 6 Russet potatoes
1 stick butter
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 to 1 tsp Lowry's seasoned salt
pepper
Splash to 1/4 cup half and half or milk
 
Directions
 
Peel and cut up the potatoes. Cover with water and boil the potatoes until fork tender. If there is any resistance at all, cook a bit longer.  When ready, drain.  Mash the potatoes with the burner on low heat.  This helps some of the water evaporate. Turn burner off and add butter, cream cheese, Lowry's and pepper. Mash into the potatoes. Add the half and half and continue mashing. You can add more until you reach your desired consistency. Transfer to a baking dish and either server immediately or keep warm in oven until your other amazing dishes are ready.

Linking up at

Stringtown Home
The Winthrop Chronicles
High Heels and Grills
My Turn (For Us)
 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I have put cream cheese in mashed potatoes in the past, and it really does make a difference. However, the Lowry's would be an AWESOME addition! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!