Saturday, November 10, 2012

Gettin' It Together: The Binder

I'm the most disorganized organized person.  It's true.  I can be a little OCD when it comes to organizing some things, but when it comes to something that is obviously important to keep organized...paperwork, lists, schedules...I'm less than great at it. 
 
Back when I was teaching I had a binder and so did my students. It worked great there so why not at home? 
 
Here's what I came up with. 
Contents
Calendar: free printable at The Tom Kat Studio
Dates to Celebrate: no pic, just a list of months on one page where I write in birthdays and anniversaries
Daily Schedule (blank lesson plan pages from here)
Cleaning Schedule: Check out this post
Website Login Record
Special Offer Tracker
Weekly Menu Plan
Kayla's Important Papers: I just punch the papers that I need to hang on to such as newsletters, spelling lists,  book orders and that sort of thing.
Noah's Important Papers: Same as Kayla's
Bible Study Paperwork/Personal Papers
 
I wanted to include these as printable but I just couldn't get it to work. It's easy, but my computer is on its last leg and every time I tried it would freeze up.  They are easy to make but if you have any questions, just ask. Or leave a note and I'll email them to you. No trouble at all!
 
I am loving my binder. It is helping me stay organized and on task. At the end of the day, that feels great!
 
How do you stay organized? Where do you keep everything you need?  I would love to have a desk in the kitchen area, but right now I have a basket.  I'd love to hear your thoughts! 

 
Oh, and there is now a Pin It button at the end of each post for you!  ****Or at least there should be. It was there earlier and worked. If it isn't, I'll work on it***





Have a super week! 


PS: have you started decorating for Christmas yet? Here's a bit of our play room. 
 
Linking up at:

4 comments:

  1. Oooo, I love this. The OCD in me is practically squealing at how organized this is. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way! I started a binder several months ago (although I will admit its not this detailed) but it has helped me keep some things straight :). Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great!! You have some very useful pages in your binder. I started one at the beginning of this year and it seems like it is always evolving. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always so amazed when someone shows me a use for the lesson plan pages other than lesson plans- thanks so much for linking back to me so I could check it out! :) I'm so happy it's been helpful.

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!