Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Kid-Made Leaf Garland

I was looking for a fun project to do with the kids after school last week.  We wanted to do something fun, a little messy, and I wanted to be able to display it somewhere other than on the fridge with a magnet.
 
 I had this project pinned on my fall board.  I couldn't get the images for the leaf shapes to work in this post, but if you go to my fall board, they are there.  Trace them on cardstock and cut them out for the kiddos.  Spread shaving cream out on a cookie sheet, squirt fall colored (or any color) paint. Have the kids use a toothpick or Q-Tip to swirl the paint. Lightly press the leaf onto the shaving cream and remove.  Let it dry completely.  The shaving cream will dry but will flake off.   
shaving cream painting, fall leaf shaving cream, Little Wonders' Days
Little Wonders' Days

To display, simply thread a needle and sew the leaves together. 
I love how it turned out!  It was a quick and easy project on a chilly afternoon!  I need to plan these activities more often!  Do you have any ideas that you'd like to share? Pin boards that have fun ideas on them? Comment or leave a link and I'll check them out! 
 
Linking up to
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love this! And it turned out so cute. I'm always looking for things like this that I can do with my son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This garland looks so adorable!! Such a great idea. I'm so glad you linked up at Romance on a dime.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!