Sunday, November 25, 2012

Post Thanksgiving

Happy Monday everyone! Hope your Thanksgiving weekend was filled with family, friends and food! Ours was. We also did a lot of relaxing, which was much needed.

Everything turned out as far as dinner goes and it was all right on schedule. (The timing surprised me!) There are a few things that popped up and I thought it would be a good idea to jot them down for next year. I'm sure I'll be adding to this list, but here's what I have so far.

1. Decide on my menu the first week or so of November so I can get a master grocery list made.

2. Buy extra butter and chicken broth.

3. Make pies and mashed potatoes on Wednesday.

4. Plan lunch or have someone bring lunch! Sounds like somehting any normal person would do...but more than once, Thanksgiving day lunch time has rolled around and I've panicked and scrounged for something to serve. A simple spread of meat, cheese, crackers, veggies and fruit would be great.

5. Plan an easy meal for Wednesday night. Things are starting to get a bit crazy and the last thing I ever want to do is cook something that isn't simple. 

6. Easy meal for Friday night. By then we were on our second or third round of leftovers and the kids just didn't want any more. 

7. Have activities planned for the kids. We had crafts for the kids but having a variety of planned ideas would be great.  Nothing too involved, but at least thought out. 

8. Remember to look at this list before the end of Next November!

Anything I'm leaving off the list? Did anything pop up that you want to remember for next year?
 
 
This week I plan to get started on some Christmas gifts. I'm going to try and make or buy something handmade for everyone on my list. Thanks, Pinterest!

Have you started shopping or crafting yet? What are you working on?











I know: Looks silly, but they had so much fun! And they even divided it and put it all away in the bathrooms for me!

Hope your Monday is great! Stop back in soon!

If you don't already, like the Prairie Girl to Southern Belle page on Facebook, follow the photo challenges on Instagram, or become a follower of the blog! 

Linking up at
miscellaney monday
Romance on a Dime

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of your husband and son...so cute! And what a cool mom you are to let them play blocks with the toilet paper! :D

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!