Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Debriefing

Back at 'em!  Hope your Christmas was great!  We had a relaxing time at home. Just us.  This was the first time we weren't with my family. I had mixed feelings about it but really, it was the most laid back, relaxing Christmas ever. 
 
We had plans to go up to Minnesota like we always do, but my Grandma, who has Alzheimer's, was getting over pneumonia and our kiddos were very sick. Grandpa and my mom also decided that it was time to move her into the nursing home. Not what we wanted to see, but necessary. We definitely didn't want to get them sick with whatever we had and complicate things worse. So we stayed.

Instagram: prairiegirltosouthernbelle

On Sunday, (day 5 of fevers) we were running out of some things and I hadn't been out of the house in a LONG TIME! Jason picked up everything on my list including my favorite drink at Starbucks. Thanks, babe!

Like after Thanksgiving, I wanted to do a little debriefing. I'm not sure what will happen next year, but there are some things I wanted to remember so I can be more prepared.  And, please, if you have a tradition that you love, please share!  This is all open right now and I'm looking forward to starting new traditions with our littles!

Have wrapping done before vacation starts.
 
Maybe a dance party in the living room? Something silly and fun!
 
Bake cookies for Santa on christmas eve or day before.
 
Make up a plate of cookies for Santa and write a note for him
 
Have a note ready for the kids from our elves, Carol and Dixon.
 
Christmas Day movie. We went to see Wreck It Ralph. It was fun to get out and do something fun!
 
Maybe be prepared to make gingerbread houses on Christmas eve? Looks like fun, but we've never made them. Of course, there'd be a glue gun involved. I'm all about easy!
 
dinner plan: we didn't really have one. It was great, but pretty thrown together.
 
presents plan:  my man and I really need to figure out  when we want presents to happen. I think they should open them earlier so they can play all day. He thinks they should wait.



 
 
Yesterday we (and by we, I mean I) was ready for the kids to get out and do something. We were cooped up with fevers and then a few rainy, cold days so their Daddy took them hiking up on the mountain. They had a blast and ended up being gone for 3 hours! I deep cleaned the bathrooms and started cleaning everything. 
I love our vacation and family time, but the cleaning kind of gets pushed aside.  This was good!
 
 
I hope you are still enjoying all the family time!  Have you started taking any decorations down yet?  I haven't but I 'm starting to feel ready.  Not sure when I should start
 
Check back later today or tomorrow for a New Year's wreath!  I've got my hot glue gun out and ready to roll!
 
 
linking up to
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!