Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Year's / Winter Wreath

Can you believe that it's just about New Year's?

Crazy. 

Today I made and put up our New Year's wreath. I love how it turned out! Just because Christmas is over, doesn't mean we can't have a seasonal wreath! Winter is the season, right?!
 
I saw this pattern on The Nesting Place sometime last year. I've tried several times to find the post, but haven't so far. Check out her blog anyway, I know you'll be inspired!
 
So, I made this little chalkboard sign out of the cardboard backing from a scrapbook paper pack. It is simply tied on so I can remove it easily when I am done informing people that it is 2013. I think I'll put an initial with it for the rest of the winter or maybe I'll leave it plain because I'm crazy like that.


Super simple if you want to whip one up.  It is just a straw wreath with these petals of felt. I didn't take step-by-step pics. Sorry. If you have any questions at all about how to make the wreath, or would like me to make you one, I'd love to help you out!  Just ask!
 
Speaking of 2013, do you make resolutions? Maybe you do One Little Word with Ali Edwards? If you don't know what that is, you simply choose a word, or let one choose you if you're feeling drawn toward something, and let that be your theme for the year. You remember it. You live it. you make it a part of your life. A couple of years ago, my word was SIMPLIFY. Then last year my word was IMPLEMENT. I felt I had started some great things with simplify and needed to carry them out the following year. Make them habit. Hence the word implement. Tonight and tomorrow I'm trying to figure out which direction to take.

What are you all doing for resolutions or goals? I'd love to hear them! Just leave a comment and tell me about it or leave a link to your blog if you've written up a post!
 
 linking up at:
 

7 comments:

  1. I love this! stopping by from Diana rambles and your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jodi! Thanks for commenting! And for following! Have a great New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! Thanks for hosting! Your blog is so fun!

      Delete
  4. I love this! Such a great idea, and so stinkin' cute! Thanks for posting to the forum @ Stringtown Home!.... ((Hugs))

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wreath!! Did you just hot glue the felt on, or what did you use. I might have to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Just good ol' hot glue! Let me know if you make one! I'd love to see it! I'd like to find a light turquoise to make it in. What color are you thinking?

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!