Wednesday, January 9, 2013

DIY Goo Gone and Exciting News

Don't you just love those little glass jars the Starbucks drinks come in at the grocery store?  They are the perfect kid-sized glass and are way too cute with cold milk and a fun paper straw.
 
But those labels can be a bugger to get off so went online in search of a recipe for Goo Gone.
 
I tried two out and neither worked well so I tried my own mix of what I had seen and this works. It works well. It will put a smile on your face because you won't believe it just worked that well.
Prairie Girl to Southern Belle's Goo Gone
1 part oil (I used vegetable oil)
1 part baking soda
1 part rubbing alcohol (I'm pretty sure that's the secret ingredient)
Shake well.

I was not real exact with the measurements. I just mixed it up in a little jelly jar.  When I need it, I scoop some out with my fingers or a paper towel and go to town!

I have used it a few times and, just FYI, it works best when it is fresh, so I just mix up a little bit in the jar when I need it! 
 
Have you come up with any great home recipes for something you needed but didn't have on hand? Share them in the comments so we can all give them a try!

5 comments:

  1. oooh- so what exactly is a "part"? do you just dabble until it looks right? i never did understand that.. but so excited to try this!! I hate sticky stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jodi! Thanks for the question, it's a great one! Ok. If you used 2 tablespoons of oil, you'd use the same amount of the other ingredients. It just depends on how much you want to make. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. I will really have to remember this the next time I have something sticky that I can't get the "goo" off from! :) Oil, baking soda, and rubbing alcohol....go figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, crazy! I love finding a way to make things myself. And this one really does work better in my opinion!

      Delete
  3. This I gotta try! (I've pinned it for later!)
    Leanne {...and away we go!)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!