Monday, January 7, 2013

DIY Puppet Show Curtain and Some Fun For You

I came across an idea on Pinterest a while back and decided to make a puppet show curtain for each of the kids.  Kayla's is done and I thought I'd share it with you! I just looked at this picture for the idea while at Hobby Lobby and this is what I came up with.

I just picked up some a couple of yards of the chevron printed duck cloth. I know I can make use of the extra chevron fabric.  I used the polka dotted material for the bunting and the ties.  The bunting is just sewn on some twine I had and hot glued on. One package of the pre-made binding was all I needed.
Now, please, don't look closely at my sewing.  I am not very good with the sewing machine and don't even know how you are supposed to sew on the binding. I used pink thread for the whole project because it was easier than changing it, and I had enough on hand.  The sewing is rough and full of shortcuts, but that's how I roll when it comes to sewing.
 
I kind of like the look it gave the curtain anyway.
 
And don't you just love that fabric? 
 
The only thing that was a problem for me was that the bottom of the window sagged a lot when it was hung up.  I hot glued a thin dowel across the bottom of the window on the inside. (I covered it in cute washi tape before I glued it on.)
 
 
Sorry, no real tutorial (because I'm in NO position to tell someone how to sew) but if I could figure it out, I know you can!
 
*********************************************
Now on to something fun! 
 
Prairie Girl to Southern Belle has a Facebook page that many of you have signed up for! That's great!  However, it has come to my attention that many of you are not seeing the posts in your news feed.  From what I can tell, this is because there is a new option for pages to pay to be seen.  That's not really where I am now, so it will stay as it is.
 
If you would like to see the FB updates in your feed all you need to do is first search and bring up the page, then just comment or like a post. Then FB knows it's something you want to see. And just to make it fun...there is a fun post up there now!  If it's popular, I'll do more. I love these kinds of things!

So head over to the
Facebook page and comment away! I'd love to get some great conversations going with you all!
 
 And who doesn't love some happy mail once in a while?!
 
And you can follow me on Instagram as well!  prairiegirltosouthernbelle
 
linking up to:
 

 

13 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Stars. It's precious! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute project! It turned out great! I can't sew at all, so I'm impressed and never would've noticed the imperfections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome! What a great project, and I like that you are improvised with the rod, that is pretty genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY cute! found you via pin-me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you via Pin-Me and pinned;) Super cute and new follower on your blog. Hope you check us out at http://www.thechirpingmoms.com!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I bet the kids will have fun with it. Stopping by from Tatertots & Jello. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! FYI~ Your text is SUPER small! I had to enlarge to read. Not sure if this is normal or not so I thought I'd let you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! I'll see what happened!

      Delete
  8. Love this, Jessica! Shared it on my FB page. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not a huge fan of sewing projects but this was pretty fun!

      Delete
  9. Print size is looking normal....at least on my computer! But please do tell me if something is up with the post!

    ReplyDelete
  10.  Hi, great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop  by and say hi when you get a chance.  .Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that started. It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Now following you.  Here's the link for it if you would like to check it out.
    http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html Lenetta

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!