Thursday, January 3, 2013

Joy: Friday Faves

My One Little Word for 2013 is JOY.
 
As in...find the joy in everything.
 
It's there. Sometimes I brush it aside, sometimes I make it unimportant, sometimes I miss it completely.  Documenting what I am thankful for and find joy in helps me to seek it more often.
 
So...this year I'm going to write a post on Fridays about what I'm grateful for that week.
 

Olive fingers. I love seeing something little like this light them up! They both do it and it makes them giggle!

There is so much joy in the innocence of my children. Just hanging out in a costume showing a buddy a game. Love it!

My husband snapped this photo quick and I'm so glad he did. They love each other and seeing one want to help or look out for the other is a gift.
I find so much joy in this girl. She is so strong, brave and willing to try anything.
And this guy is never afraid to show love. He is so gentle and kind. My snuggler.

Toys and imagination.

Sometimes I tell him no when he asks for a piggy back ride. I need to stop doing that. He doesn't need so much from me....he just needs ME.
 
Both of them do. They need snuggly love. They need to know I'm their biggest cheerleader. They need to know I'm proud to be there Mama and there is no place else I want to be.
 
Well, that's my word for the year. I'm excited to look back a year from now and see what I've found. How about any of you? Do you pick a word or do anything similar? Take a minute and tell me about it! I'd love to chat about it!
 
linking up to
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! It's so easy to focus on what went "wrong" in your day, rather than all of the things that were joyful and right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! It is so easy to focus on what went wrong. What the kids aren't doing or things like that. Personally for me, it's my to-do list. I get so focused on getting it all done that I miss the good stuff. Or even cause those things to become bad experiences. No more!!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that you do this gratitude round-up! And olives fingers (and the ensuing laughter) are the best!

    Thanks for joining us on the Photo Friday Blog Hop! Hope to see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting! Who among us hasn't done the olive fingers thing! Always a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we just need to 'be' sometimes instead of trying to give. Great shots of joy. I hope the new year brings you overflowing joy to blog about!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!