Friday, January 18, 2013

One Little Word Friday

This has been one of those weeks.  You know the kind. (at least I think other people might) The kind where everything you touch has been dropped, spilled, broken, boiled over... Well, that day turned into a week. 
You should have seen how thick the burned on part of this spill was.  This is a pot of Chicken Tortilla Soup.  (by the way, it's delicious and it makes a ton)
 
I've been purposely looking for the joy throughout the week. It is my One Little Word after all.
 
The joy in the spill? Found it!  I was dreading the clean up. The chiseling. I laid a towel on the cooled burner and poured vinegar on it. I let it soak for about an hour and let the vinegar do its thing. After that, a lot of the mess was wiped up. The part that wasn't, I scraped off with a metal cookie spatula and finished up with my stove top cleaner and a Magic Eraser. 
 
Worked like a dream!
 
 
One thing that was great this week was a short snow 'storm'. School was let out for this 2 hour event.  I'm from up north and find this kind of funny but was so thankful to see the excitement in the eyes of my children. 

 

The other day I noticed a couple of blooms on my daffodils. Our weather has been so up and down lately, it's crazy. Even the flowers are confused.


I came across Blinks of Life yesterday. Think Project Life or One Little Word ideas!
 
Your turn! Have you been looking for joy this week? Do you have a word your focusing on? If you have a post about it, link it up in the comments or just tell me about it!  What great way to encourage us all! I'd love to see what you're up to!
 
linking up to:

6 comments:

  1. Way to see the silver lining (and wow, what a wonderful trick ... vinegar!) If it makes you feel any better at all, I put too much soap in the washer machine this week and opened it up to find foam everywhere, I dumped my whole change purse in front of a huge line of people at the market, and locked myself out of my car this week. So yes, I had that kind of week, too! :)

    New follower ... glad to have found you through Ladies Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle! Thank you thank you thank you for telling me that!!! Seriously, it was so many days in a row that I was beginning to question my sanity! The only thing I could think of was that Maybe I am pregnant (because it was REALLY bad then) but I know for certain that I'm not! This afternoon I finally feel like I'm getting out of that funk! Hope you are too!

      Delete
  2. What a life changing practicing- finding the joy! I've been practicing gratitude...as in today I was pulled over for speeding. Choice a: be angry at the officer or myself or b: be thankful that I was given a very important reminder to obey speed limits. I went for choice b and ya know what, it really took the sting out. I will also give finding the joy a whirl! Better than being a negative nelly...though, the "spill" yikes! would be my first response...but good to know about the vinegar!

    Thanks for linking up on Photo Friday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Great way to look at your ticket! Sorry you got one though. Gratitude and joy go hand in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos. Love how you've captured the obstacles in a light of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly! Glad you stopped by!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!