Monday, January 21, 2013

Quick Project for the Kiddos

We're on vacation today and the weather is beautiful! The kids were helping me clean this morning and I feel ahead of the game (except for laundry. It's going to be a great day! Here's a quick little project that you could probably do today with your kiddos! Bet you have all the supplies in your stash!

Noah and I came up with this fun and quick little project a week or so ago. I wanted a little garland for the mantel like this fall one we made.




I cut out white card stock hearts. Noah added the glue. I didn't even worry about the excessive amount he used on each one. It adds character!
 
Then I took out some glitter and put each color in a small dish and gave Noah a strainer. He took a few pinches if glitter and tapped and shook it on to each heart.
This was really just a fun change to something the kids have done many times before and we really liked how it turned out. And what kid doesn't like making something with glitter?!
 
I made extra hearts and left the station up for when Kayla got home from school. We let all the hearts dry on wax paper overnight then took a needle and thread to string them up.
I love the pop of color it gives that area! And incase you're wondering, that is a special stick on our mantel. Noah collects rocks and sticks. It has been up there for about a year. He says he's helping me decorate and that's where it should be.

So that's where it stays.

 Love those little signs of my littles around the house!

linking up to:


 


 


 


 

6 comments:

  1. oh so cute! We found you via Diana Rambles Pin Me linky party! www.lovenotesrestylestudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! Glad your kids had fun. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime. Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!
    Love the Heart Garland, just precious!!
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!