Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sneaky Spinach


Today I did something my kids never expected.  Today I won a battle fought for moms everywhere.  



Ok. A little dramatic, yes.  But I am excited that I snuck a bit of spinach into their smoothies today!  It wasn't much. But it wasn't detected by their taste buds.  

I've been trying to follow along with the Simple Green Smoothie 30 Day Challenge. The kids aren't quite there with me (I think it's the color of the drinks) so I thought I'd help them get started.  One Frozen banana, 2 cups strawberries, 1 cup yogurt, skim milk (whatever consistency you like), and a pinch of spinach. That's it. I don't really know how much they ate. I just grabbed a little pinch and blended it in. 

It worked!  Give it a try!

And if you want to start the challenge but are worried about the green smoothies....don't! If you blend it long enough, you can't even tell!  Come on! Give it a try! Let me know if you are! And you can follow me on Instagram (link to the right) and see what I'm drinking!

linking up to 

2 comments:

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!