Thursday, February 7, 2013

Friday Joy

It's Friday already.  Last Monday my sweet Grandpa passed away. We drove up to Minnesota for the funeral and to help my mom with the house.
 
This week I'm thankful for our memories, family, and all those little things
that really are
the big things.
 
 The kids came to the visitation and the funeral. I was torn about this but a good family friend and pastor told me his thoughts. He said kids should be allowed to go but not forced. They should not be made to see anything they don't want to see. We should answer any questions they have and use the opportunity to witness our faith to them. 
 
God gives us promises and
we can trust
Him.
 
 
 
Mom's cousin, Amy, brought a great book to read to the kids after the funeral. So thankful for her kindness!
 
It was cold while we were there. We made it just in time to see -23 degrees.
But it was beautiful.
Driving into Duluth on the way home.
Thankful for my sweet girl and her big heart.
 Noah said the hotel room looked beautiful. We all agreed.
After a week that was both long and short at the same time, the kids were so glad to get home. Moo was glad to see us too.
 

 I took the kids to Sweet Ce Ce's for frozen yogurt after school Wednesday for something fun.
 I'm thankful for routine. Dropping kids off, picking them up, homework, snuggles, family time. It all seems more important this week.
 
linking up at
 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. But it sounds like he was loved and you all love eachother and that is a beautiful place to find joy.

    Thanks for linking up with Photo Friday- hope to see you again next week with another great link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences on the loss of your Grandfather. I lost mine a year and a half ago. It's not easy. But I love how you chose to look for the treasures in the little moments. It was very touching. Stopping by from Finding Joy. Rosilind from A Little R & R. www.littlerandr.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosilind, Thanks for commenting! Sorry to hear about you Grandfather! Losing a Grandpa feels like something comfortable is gone. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Thanks for your kind words! I really do appreciate them!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!