Monday, February 18, 2013

Million Dollar Cookies

This recipe is one of my favorites. My Grandma gave me the recipe years ago and it makes me happy to read something she wrote. And to taste something she used to make. 
 
These came out of the oven and were disappearing quickly so I thought I'd better photograph them before they were all gone!



Million Dollar Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour (I added a bit more because it seemed quite sticky)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla (or 1/2 tsp almond extract....I was out of vanilla)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
 
Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add beaten egg and vanilla. Mix remaining ingredients and add to wet mixture. Mix well. Form into small balls and press flat with a glass dipped in sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.


A couple of these treats are on their way to Kayla's teacher in the morning! I just used a scrap of patterned paper and stamped a sentiment on it. Rounded the corners with my punch, added some Stickles and baker's twine and off they go!
 
Enjoy!
 
Do you have any recipes from a loved one that make you happy? 
 
 linking up at
 

12 comments:

  1. These cookies look great and I know they would taste great too!

    I would love it if you would share these at my In and Out of the Kitchen party. The party is for crafts, recipes, DIY projects and etsy shops. I hope you will bring some of your great creations by!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    I am now following your blog and Facebook!

    http://www.feedingbig.com/2013/02/in-and-out-of-kitchen-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love cookies and these look amazing! Found your link through Lil Luna's link party and I'm a new follower!

    Christi
    http://the-not-so-perfect-momblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christi! Love your blog name!

      Delete
  3. These are a nice looking, delicious sounding cookie. Thank you for the recipe. Have a great day. {Great photos, too, by the way.}

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep, million dollar cookies sounds amazing!!!I came over from TT&J. Would love for you to come over and check out my blog...
    Emily @ www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I feel like I have to hide stuff I make for my blog LOL. Last night I cut a piece to photograph and told my munchkins you can have anything but that piece!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!