Monday, February 11, 2013

Quick Smoothie Prep

I've been trying to eat better over the past few weeks.  Green smoothies have made their way into my (almost) daily menu.  Among other things, I've noticed a boost in my energy level! I'm not dragging during the days!
 
Here's how I'm prepping my smoothies. 
When I come home from the store with some spinach, I get out my ingredients, measure them out into freezer bags and pop them in the freezer.  I just move one to the fridge when I get ready for bed and by morning the fruit has thawed just enough to blend well. All I have to do is add my water and pull out my favorite kitchen tool, my immersion blender. 
 
In the picture I have a mix of strawberries, blueberries, and cranberries. This is yummy, but the recipe below is my favorite.  The mixed berries add in raspberries and blackberries. Delicious!
 
Berry Boost Smoothie
1-2 cups spinach, packed
1/2 cup cranberries
1 1/2 cups mixed berries frozen
1 1/2 to 2 cups of water
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!