Monday, March 11, 2013

Dream Big: Pallet Sign

This weekend I started decorating Noah's room. I love all the pallet signs around and wanted to use one in this room.  He wants a cabin theme in there so a pallet sign works perfectly.  It doesn't get much more rustic than that!
Before this point, I laid the boards out how I wanted them and my man screwed them to two vertical boards from the back.  I was planning on writing the words in chalk and then painting over them but I was liking how the chalk looked. Have I ever told you that I have a hard time making decisions sometimes? Well, I do. So the fact that this is written in chalk means that I can change my mind down the road and easily change the sign! Perfect!
Here's how the sign looks in the space.
 
The paper banner was so easy but added so much to the room! These are actually leftover from Noah's birthday party this summer. I bought a 12x12 paper pad from Hobby Lobby and cut triangles out. A paper punch in the top corners and some twine and there you go!
Tip: I used the bunting as decor outside. To help keep the triangles from sliding down the twine in the wind, I alternated the way I threaded them.
 
 Add in some favorite things....trucks and rocks...
 
...shuttles and a rocket he made with his dad (he has so many toys and that paper rocket has been a favorite for a long time)...
...and you have the beginnings of a cabin.  He loves it!  When he came in to look at it, he said 'it means I'm going to have lots of good dweams'.
 
You can read about the lamp and matching curtain for the room here!

 

22 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    I found you on the Craft-O-Maniac Party. I'm your newest follower via GFC . I would love for you stop by and check out my blog Fluster Buster
    I also host a party at 6pm on Tuesday's Fluster's Creative Muster and would be thrilled if you linked up this post.

    Hugs, Smiles and Blessings,

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sign is so adorable! I love the bunting and the wording. What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Hi I found you on Southern Lovely. I love the sign! I think I might just have to make a girlie version for my daughters new big girl room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! My daughter wants one too. I was thinking a roughly painted white none would be cute above her bed. What would you write on it?

      Delete
  4. This is SOOOO cute! Love, love, love it! I'm now following you via GFC :) Have a great night!

    Shandy @ Aprons 'n Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jessica! What a cute sign!! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using chalk is so smart! It will allow the feature to grow with your son.

    Maggie @ thelovenerds.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also pretty indecisive when it comes to decorating, so I love the idea of using chalk so that I could be free to change my mind as often as I want. This is going to be featured at Someday Crafts tomorrow, so stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out great. The more rustic, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pallet ~ and chalk! The paper banner add a nice punch of color, too.
    I found you today thru The 36th Avenue Linky. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    www.vmg206.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pallet sign. Very cute. The little banner is a sweet touch. :)
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Love anything with pallets! Stopping by from Tater Tots and Jello...hope you can stop over by my little world sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!