Friday, March 15, 2013

Easy Curtain and Lamp Redo

Hope you are all having a great week!  I thought I'd share a couple more quick and easy projects from our little guy's bedroom.

This was a cheap-o white lamp from Walmart.
I painted the base with a glossy red craft paint and covered the shade with the navy and white star fabric.
The fabric is from Hobby Lobby and is still there. (I've had this in my stash for years)
 I used the same fabric to update a curtain he had. It was just a simple, plain curtain that I picked up at either Target or Walmart when we moved in. (Read about the pallet sign here.)

 All I did was sew the fabric right to it and hung it back up. Easy peasy!  Good thing too because sewing is definitely not something I'm very good at.

During the day we just use some twine tied in the middle of the curtain to let in the sunlight.
 A moose from my teaching days...
...and this room is loooking more cabin-ish all the time!

 

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! And I have that same fabric! LOL I nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can check it out here: http://aprons-n-pearls.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a lucky kiddo! What a cool room! Love the glossy red lamp!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!