Monday, March 25, 2013

Junk Drawer Take Over

Today I decided to take over the junk drawer.

 
This drawer used to be organized.  I got to work clearing it out and throwing away pens and pencils. Why do I feel like I need to keep every pen and pencil my hubby and kiddos bring home? 

First I cleaned the drawer and then lined it with some pretty wrapping paper I picked up at Home Goods this weekend.
 
I also lined the white dividers with another wrapping paper for some contrast. I can't believe how much stuff was in there that we just didn't need to hang on to. Hmm. Wonder what the case will be when I go through the other drawers in the house. Any bets?
 
Update: To keep the dividers from sliding around I just used a little loop of tape. Works great!

I love it!  It makes me happy when I open the drawer.

I keep walking into the kitchen to take a peek!

linking up at
craft-o-maniac
skip to my lou
pinterest power party
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love this idea!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Love the paper. Did you attach the dividers to the drawer at all? I hate when they slip around...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did. A simple roll of Scotch tape does the trick!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!