Monday, March 4, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Cookies


This weekend I wanted to have some fun with the kiddos in the kitchen and keep it really simple at the same time. We decided to make some fun green cookies for St. Patrick's Day. 
I made a half batch of our Million Dollar Cookies (minus the chopped nuts because I didn't have any) and we decorated them with green icing and sugar.
They thought dipping the cookies in the icing was the neatest thing! It's funny how just changing one simple thing can help make some fun memories with your kiddos!

To make the icing, mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of milk,  1/2 tsp vanilla and a few drops of green food coloring.  Add just a bit of milk if you  need to thin in order to dip the cookies.
 
Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? We're getting ready for Easter around here this week. Along with trying to get rid of a nasty cold that 3 out of 4 (so far) of us have. It just won't leave! 
 
linking up at:

2 comments:

  1. If I weren't off flour, I would definitely make these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you! I'm trying to eliminate dairy after finding I have a problem with it. It's tough!!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!