Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dipped Spoons

Sorry things have been kind of slow on the blog.  We thought we might be putting our dog down last week and it was pretty rough around here. He is home now and seems to be ok.  He has bone spurs on several of his vertebrae and they are causing a lot of pain.  We have an amazing vet and I trust him to help us make any decisions we need to. 
 
Other than that, there have been a few fun things going on around here and I'm ready to share them!
 
The other day I painted my spoons. And you know what? I love them! 
I ran to Lowe's and picked up a bunch of paint samples. I plan to use them for lots of little projects around the house. These colors make me happy!
I painted the handles and then stuck each one in a glass so they could dry without bumping into the other ones.
I know there is a food safe shellac that you can use to protect the paint, but I'm going to see how this holds up.  I don't ever let them soak and usually wash them right away.  (usually) 
I love these spoons!
Why not make the things and spaces you use every day pretty?
 
I'm having fun bringing more color into our home! I'll be back to share some more pops of color and a couple of recipes with you!  Not to mention some spring cleaning ideas!
 
linking up to

 


 


 

7 comments:

  1. These are really cute! Thanks for sharing. I hope your dog continues to feel better.

    I came over from Lil' Luna's link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's doing better, Calista. Thanks ! He just acts like an old dog now. Quite a bit slower. We're sure glad he's still here though!

      Delete
  2. I like the spoon idea! Nice colors :) My family would be crazy sad if one of our pets was sick :( Hope your doggy gets better..Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori Ann! Those colors just make me happy! Our dog is so much a part of our family. He naps with one and sleeps at night with the other. He is getting older and we are happy to have him as long as we can!

      Delete
  3. These look great! I was wanting to do this with a wooden salad bowl too (with the salad tongs to match).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so cute, Jenni! And what a great gift idea! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to here about your dog, I hope he continues to feel better. It 's so heart breaking when they are sick.
    These spoons are adorable, this is a great way to gussy up an ordinary wooden spoon.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!