Monday, April 29, 2013

Man Cave Art

Did you or a man you love watch the draft this weekend?  We did.  My man is a *huge* Vikings fan!  He has the garage all set up as his 'man cave' for football season. Do you have one? Maybe yours is inside, but I highly recommend one! 
 
 A couple of years ago for his birthday I painted the garage wall right above the tv (tv is covered up with that super fancy blanket).
 
Supplies: 
overhead projector
coloring pages with team images
transparency
team paints (Home Depot has NFL team colors)
paint markers (I used a couple of black paint markers for the lettering and all the black on the helmet.  I'm not great at painting a straight line and this was easier)
pencil for tracing
 
What made this so easy was the over head projector.  I ended up renting one for about $25.  A quick search online for some team coloring pages and I was in business!  I cut the words off one page and the helmet off another and taped them onto a blank white page for the layout I wanted. The next step was to get a transparency made at the copy shop.  I probably could have made it on  my printer, but this just seemed easier. 
 
Tip: When you're ready to project your image, tape the transparency on your overhead to keep it from moving around. I had to take brakes and work on it when I hade time.  Trace it all on your wall and then start painting!
I  have to tell you...I am still surprised at how much this meant for him.  It was a pretty cheap project that didn't seem like that big of a deal to me. But he tells everyone about it. You know guys. If they talk about it,  it's because it means something to them. They don't just throw compliments around!
 
Have you used your craftiness on a project just for your man yet?  If you haven't, give it a try!  I promise you he will love it!
 
linking up at
 

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! Way cheaper than purchasing a Fathead!! We have done this before in my nephews nursery, I don't know why I never thought to do this in the Man Cave! Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! It seriously has been the best 'gift' I've given him. He seriously tells everyone that comes over about it!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!