Monday, April 1, 2013

Microwave S'mores

I hope you all had a great Easter!  We celebrated with family in Nashville and had a great time.  When we get together, we love to have a bonfire and make S'mores.  The weather had other plans.  Oh well. But you know what? I still snuck a S'more in.  I wanted to try making one in the microwave, and you know what? It worked and was so easy!  And using some different chocolate really made it a fun treat.
All I did was...
 
 Place one large marshmallow on a graham cracker square
 
 Pop it in the microwave for 12-15 seconds. WATCH it! It will get big and you don't want sticky marshmallow all over your microwave.
 
Add your chocolate (We used York Peppermint Patties) and the top graham cracker.
 
Enjoy a warm, gooey S'more anytime!
 
 
linking up at
mom 4 real
 

9 comments:

  1. interesting idea with the peppermint! Ill have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a tasty twist on the s'more, I love the idea of adding peppermint to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! It was a fun treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such smart Moms and you make time for blogging too!Am already following-Thanks for all the neet things you share with us.

    Jonell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Especially using a peppermint patty... I didn't think it was possible to make smores better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Just think of the possibilities!

      Delete
  6. What a great idea. Looks delicious. We will have to try this when we have our living room camp-outs.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!