Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Best Green Smoothie. Ever.

Ok. I made a green smoothie that was slightly adapted from a recipe posted on Instagram by Simple Green Smoothies. It has become my favorite! It is so refreshing and will be great for summer.  

While I was drinking it I kept telling the kids how good it was.  They think I'm a little silly about things like that. Hey, I like food, ok?! And I REALLY like food when it's healthy and tastes delicious at the same time!  Sometimes that's not easy to do!

Green Tea and Peach Smoothie
2 cups spinach
2 cups freshly brewed (and cooled) green tea
1 frozen banana
2 1/2 cups frozen peaches
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
(no lemons are in this recipe....they were just photobombing)
I assembled my ingredients before I made my green tea and it was just enough time to thaw the fruit enough for my immersion blender to work its magic. Do you have one? I love mine!

The original recipe called for fresh ginger but I didn't have that so I made it easy and opened my spice drawer. Cinnamon sounded good so I threw that in also. Turns out, it was great!

The Green Tea I used is called Harney and Sons Organic Green Iced Tea. I picked mine up at Barnes and Noble in the Starbucks shop.  Know what? I like you so I'll tell you this.  I bought three tins of iced tea last summer ONLY because the tins are so darned cute. That, and I had a coupon.  Turns out I love the stuff!

This one is my favorite!

Go ahead and make yourself this smoothie. I'm already planning a trip to Costco so I can stock enough frozen peaches. 

Delish!


linking up at 

1 comment:

  1. Made it this morning, Jess, very good! Mine wasn't quite sweet enough for me so I added a touch of honey.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!