Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Framed Fabric with Embroidery Hoops

I've been seeing these cute embroidery hoop wall hangings all over the place this year.  I even picked up a few last fall.  Today I finally dug into the stash (since I'm finally gutting out the craft room) and worked up the courage to take the scissors to the material. 
The grey fabric is from a shower curtain I've had for a while. It has just been living in the 'I'm GOING to do something with this soon' pile. The fabric in the big hoop is a dish towel from the set my amazingly talented Mom made for me this Christmas.  And the bottom hoop is from a cross stitched pillowcase that was my Grandma's.
After hanging these on the wall in the kitchen, I think this collection will be growing! They just add a little happy to that corner of the house. I'm thinking maybe some vintage sheets? Time to scour the thrift stores and estate sales!  I'm officially collecting vintage fabrics!
Happy.
 
linking up at
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. I am loving the vintage sheet projects! They would be a great addition to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they are the perfect little things to add in the kitchen!

      Delete
  2. I just love these... I have some embroidery hoop art with fabric - but I love those sheets! =) Thanks for linking up at the Pinterest Power Party this week!!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for linking this up at the Pinterest Power Party! This post is being featured tomorrow! =) Hope you'll come back and link up again!

      Danielle
      SewMuchCrafting.com

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your hoop art on the Tatertots party. Love it, so soft and feminine!
    Blessings,
    Susan
    SugarBeans.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are adorable!! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie! I can't wait to add more!

      Delete
  6. Ohhh my goodness! I LOVE this little collection SO MUCH. I hope you do grow it because it's SO SO fabulous. Thanks for linking up to Ditto DIY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! They were really fun to make!

      Delete
  7. Lovely collection, especially since they are from mom and grand mom.
    Good luck on your vintage fabric hunt!
    Coming over from the ditto diy challenge party.
    Xo,
    Anjana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm headed to check out your post!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!