Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Sandal Basket

Summer is here! The weather is nice and we are outside as much as possible these days. And what is our shoe of choice when we are running in and out of the back yard? Sandals! And where do those sandals end up? If you answered 'all over the place' you're right! 

During the summer we are home a lot. In and out. Playing in the yard, running in to get a snack, or heading out to water the garden and pick some strawberries. The back door doesn't have a nice place to keep shoes hidden so they pile up.  To help with this, I decided to put a basket (labeled, of course) near the back door. 
 When the kids come in for the day, they pop their sandals in the basket. When they are running out the door in the morning, they are right there, ready to go again.

Thanks for stopping by! It's been a crazy couple of weeks trying to find our summer rhythm.  I'll be back later this week with a fun kids activity. Be sure to check back!


 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! The pile of wellies/flip flops by my backdoor were glaring at me earlier... I never can keep that space free of shoes... I'm going to have to find me a basket! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding that one at every door may be necessary for my group here! Shoes are everywhere!

      Delete
  2. This is so smart...I'm copying you for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!