Thursday, July 18, 2013

Garbage, a Wreath, and Beautiful Jewelry

Whew! It has been a crazy but productive week!
I'm getting ready for a trunk show! Next Friday a couple of my friends and I are setting tables up a fun little coffee shop nearby. Lorelai makes the most beautiful jewelry!
Head on over to her Facebook page and check it out!
 
Vintage Lorelai

 
If you want to keep up with the flurry of projects I'm working on for the sale, follow me on Instagram! I'm posting a lot of progress pictures there. I have been working on beautiful things every day and I love it!
 
Now let's talk trash for a little while.  I have been trying to pretty up the spaces in the house I use every day.
 The space under the sink is almost done. Covering the trash can was on my list.
I know, I know. I may be a little crazy for decorating my garbage can, but I had fabric, Mod Podge, and a few extra minutes the other day. (not really...there is a whole list of things I should have done first)
I adhered the fabric with a coat of Mod Podge and then sealed with with a thick coat on top.  For the top coat I found it much easier to just pour some on the fabric and use my hands to rub it in. I wanted it pretty thick so I will be able to wipe off anything that might get on it. It's a garbage can....it's going to happen.
 
What do you think? Crazy or cute?
 
And I also finished another burlap wreath. Don't you just love the chevron ribbon?


And if that's not enough....I decided today to join in on a yard sale Saturday. Geesh! What's wrong with me?!  It feels good to get through some of the stuff we have accumulated and clear it out.

Next week I'm going to bed at 8:00. Every night.

linking up at
lil luna 
 


 

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the covered trash can! And I know I've said it before, but I want to order a wreath for our new house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Go ahead and send me a note on the Facebook page and I will be happy to help!

      Delete
  2. i think its darling....cuz i just did the SAME THING - maybe we're crazy together but I love it adding a splash of color and fun! well done girlie!

    ♥ http://www.northerncottage.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'm really loving this fabric covered garbage can idea, esp since the mod podge will help it be durable (I'm sure it wouldn't outlast my 4 kiddos for long otherwise). I'm going to have to give that a try!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! Without sealing the fabric, this wouldn't last a month in our house. Proabably even a week.

      Delete
  4. I had thought about modge podging my trash can, but didn't know how it would turn out. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!