Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Homemade Italian Dressing Mix

So, the other day I was making our favorite summer pasta salad (which was supposed to be posted this week...but I forgot to take a picture) and I realized I only had one packet of Good Seasonings Italian Dressing mix.
 
Never fear...I had a whole drawer full of spices. I knew I could make it work. Probably not going to buy the packets anymore!
 
Dry Italian Dressing Mix
slightly adapted from here
 
1 Tbsp garlic salt
1 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp white sugar (or less...I omitted it for my pasta salad)
2 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp pepper
1 Tbsp parsley
1 Tbsp dried bell pepper and black pepper mix
1/4 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp red pepper
 
Mix well and store in pantry.  To make dressing use that handy little bottle with the markings on the side....or 1/4 vinegar, 2/3 cup oil, 2 Tbsp water and 2 Tbsp dry mix. Cover and shake well. Use immediately.
 
I promise I'll make the pasta salad again and actually take a picture this time. It's so good!
 
linking up at
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love Italian Dressing and always running out of it. Definitely need to try this. Pinning for sure.

    Sharon
    http://makeitorfixit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I'm going to keep some on hand as well!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!