Monday, August 5, 2013

How I Organize Under the Sink

Update: Thank so much for stopping by! If you like this post, follow my blog on Facebook or Bloglovin' to keep up with all the great projects that are happening around here! Now that both kids are in school, things are getting done around here! And I can't wait to share it all with you!
******************************************
Hey there! The area under the kitchen sink can be such a cluttered area.  Come see how I tackled that mess.

I love the Itso bins from Target. I stash them all over the house for quick organization. Add a diy chalkboard label and you're good to go!

This is what you'll find under my sink. I love making my own cleaning mix when I can. For a concentrate, I use Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day. Have you used it? What's your favorite scent?

I covered a box with wrapping paper to store my grocery bags in.  I take the time to quickly fold and wrap each one around my fingers before I stick them in the box. That way they stay somewhat neat and it's easy to grab just one without pulling them all out.

You can find the recipe for my homemade sink scrub here.

What you can see in the small jelly jar is my Scotch Brite green scrubbing pad. I buy them in a pack and cut them in quarters. The rest are stored in the laundry room.
  
Here's how it all looks under the sink.  We had to replace our garbage disposal last year. When my husband replaced it, he taped the receipt with the warranty info right to it. Now if we need it, it's right there.
You can read more about my covered garbage can here. I used Mod Podge attach fabric. I used a shower curtain that I picked up at Target. I also made sure to seal it with a couple good layers of Mod Podge so I could wipe any drips or messes off the side of the can.

linked up at:
give me the goods
ditto DIY projects
i heart organizing
 the 36th avenue
tatertots and jello
 a bowl full of lemons
tips and tricks

 

18 comments:

  1. It's so cute and your underneath the sink area is SO very organized/clean!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! It works for me and is easy to keep up with!

      Delete
  2. LOVE! I cringe when I open the cabinet under my sink... Yikes! I desperately needed this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heather! I know what you mean! My cabinet has been down right scary at times!

      Delete
  3. Looks great! I love your idea to store the bags in a container! Mine are just stashed in a drawer but will definitely be finding them a little home soon! And I love Mrs. Meyers Clean Day...love their lemon verbena, basil and lavender scents! Stopping by from Give Me The Goods Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Selene! I recently tried Radish and I love it!

      Delete
  4. Your fabric covered garbage can is such a neat idea! Very pretty. Heading over to read that post next! Thanks for sharing! -Emily (found you through iheartorganizing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I'm so glad you stopped by! Let me know if you cover your garbage can! I'd love to see it!

      Delete
  5. It's neat and organized but I really LOVE the fact it's so pretty! Have you had problems with odors with the garbage being there? I'm really struggling lately with that issue and I've tried so many things to get rid of it, curious if you have any great tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a problem with odors..usually. I empty the trash every night even if it's not totally full. Washing out the garbage can every couple of weeks with hot soapy water keeps odors down and if not, spraying with vinegar and letting it dry should do the trick!

      Delete
  6. Ahhh so nice and neat! And I love the pretty trash can. Those things are always such eye sores. What a great way to make it a piece of art =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute makeover! Coming over from the Ditto DIY Party.
    xo,
    Anjana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tips! Pinned it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips! Thank you for sharing at Give Me The Goods!

    Amber@ Dimples & Pig Tales

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great organizing. Even your trash can is pretty! If you get a chance, please link up to my linky party going on now: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/sunday-linky-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this post...Reading it and the comments lets me know I'm not alone!
    It is down right scary under there at times.
    I just did the task of cleaning and organizing under my kitchen sink a few months back. I wish a small trash can would fit under there...
    I love Mrs. Meyer Lavender and for the hand soap...I like the basil. You'd think it would stink on your hands...but NO! and the guys love it because it doesn't smell 'all rosey'.
    enjoying reading your blog.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat! My Grandma always had her garbage can under the sink so that's where ours has been in every house!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!