Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Small Homework or Art Station

Hey there to all you lovely readers!  I'm so glad you have stopped by! There has been a big jump in readers so I thought I'd give you a little info about the blog...

While we are still in summer mode, posts aren't really following a schedule. I try to get 3 posts up a week, but the kiddos come first. I try not to blog when they are home or awake. So......when they start back to school on the 19th, things will pick up and follow a more regular schedule.

With both kids in school this year, I have decided to open up an Etsy shop. I have wanted to do this for a while now.  I will have paper crafts and embroidery hoop wall art.  Look for this to open up soon!  I'll  be sure to keep you posted!

If you have any questions at all, leave a comment and follow the blog on Facebook,  Instagram, and Bloglovin' so you can keep up with all the fun things going on!  I have some great ideas that will start to take shape!

*******************************************

Summer always goes so fast, doesn't it? It is almost time to send the kiddos off for their first day of the new school year. Maybe you already have.  We are starting to get ready around our house.

One way I like to get ready is to make sure there are fun areas around our house. I set up this little art station that can also be used for homework. 
I had this little desk (or phone table or....whatever this thing is called) that I picked up on clearance at Hobby Lobby a few years back. I pulled it out of my craft room and gave it a makeover with some paint...
lined the drawer with scrapbook paper and a layer of Mod Podge (dont' you love that stuff?!)...
Added wrapping paper-covered cans with pens and colored pencils...
and set it all up near the play room. I looked at Rhonna Farrer's chalk art to draw on this chalkboard.  She has so many great chalkboard ideas!

Many little treasures will be created here!

 
linked up at
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up at the Get Your DIY On link party, Jessica! I'm featuring you on Sunday! Bring your Fall wreath next Sunday if you've got one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! I just finished my wreath today! Thanks for featuring my little table!

      Delete
  2. This is seriously adorable!! I have been setting up a small art/homework station for my son too -love your chalkboard idea and thanks for the link to the inspiration!! Thank you so much for sharing this at the Fall Get Your DIY On Challenge: Blue Projects. We were so thrilled to have you and hope you will be back tomorrow to share you fall wreath with us!! It goes live at 4pm PST.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!